My apologies for using a stock photo - I was afraid if I stepped away from the counter to grab my camera, the kids would have gobbled up all the cookies in an instant :)
2 cups flour
¾ cup + 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 stick + 6 Tbsp. softened butter
strawberry of raspberry jelly
powdered sugar for dusting
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, egg, powdered sugar, vanilla, and butter until a soft dough forms. It should not be crumbly and dry, or too sticky.
2. Roll dough to 1/16 inch thickness on a floured board. Use just enough flour to prevent sticking.
3. Cut out circles with a round cookie cutter. In half of the circles, cut out a small hole in the middle.
4. Place cookies on an ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 9-12 minutes. Allow cookies to cool on sheet for a minute before moving them to a cooling rack.
5. Spread jelly on whole circles. Dust circles with small holes with powdered sugar, and place on jelly-covered circles. Assemble all cookies like this. Enjoy!